- Location: Brussels; Ghent; Hasselt; Antwerp; Namur
- Starting date of the mission: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months
- Diploma: Master’s degree in Civil or industrial Engineering
- Experience: Minimum 10 years
- Languages: Native in Dutch. Fluent in English.
In the team that carries out project studies and monitors project implementation responsible for the following tasks :
– Coach, motivate, work with a (small) project team of monodisciplinary engineers (geotechnics, civil engineering, …) for the projects.
– Determine the needs and the choice of procedures with regard to:
– Soil research (geotechnical/geophysical/hydrogeological/geological);
– Foundation techniques (pile foundations, soil improvements, foundations on steel);
– Stability issues: retaining walls, slope stability, etc. and drawing up the technical specifications for them.
– Execute calculations
– Draw up the technical specifications for the above
– Interpret the results of soil research;
– Responsible for the classic and special calculations, the modelling of terrains and the interaction between soil and structures;
– Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the agreed scope, the timing and the quality of the engineering works are carried out as required. You ensure that the projects assigned to you are carried out in accordance with our quality system and our H&S rules
– Support (young) engineers by actively participating in their training programme.
You’re in the right place if:
Civil or industrial engineer (civil engineering, mining/geotechnical, bioengineering)
– At least 10 years of experience in the field of calculations and are specialised/interested in geotechnical engineering;
– With knowledge of the classic geotechnical software packages (Plaxis, Flac, D-Sheet, Foxta, …) or are willing to learn to use them;
– Fluent in Dutch and have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
– Good communication skills and are a team player;
– Dynamic, flexible, can work autonomously, like to take initiatives, are quick to take decisions, have a listening ear and offer the customer tailor-made solutions;
– Stress-resistant and know how to keep your focus under pressure with a healthy dose of assertiveness and diplomacy.
- To apply or for further information, send an up-to-date curriculum vitae in English to Hadrien Lafont via firstname.lastname@example.org